Friday, December 12, 2008

It's rustic, y'all!


Mom and dad were out and we went for a little hike at that picnic spot before paint rock, on the other side of the road, you know? Last year it was full of ticks and when Jesse and I and Blue all went for a hike, we got home and, Jesse was clean, even Blue was pretty clean, but I had like 20 ticks on me that I kept finding at intervals even though I had showered to within an inch of my life—anyway, when I and mom, (see what a bitch grammar is?) dad, Jesse, and blue went up there in September, it was beautiful and sunlit and I found a bunch of amazing things. At one point we were all holding these enormous pinecones all saying, “look at thi. . . oh.” at the same time. I found reds and softs and twiggies and conie-pines and mu mu mushrooms and. . . no ticks! So I strung them out on this wreath thingy that I found at the dump. I forgot that wire picks work best, so it’s wrapped in upholstery thread leftover from Diana and the Button Days. Reminds me of me mam and da.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Diana and the Button Days. Sounds like a children's book.

I do like the wreath.

LYM