Friday, June 20, 2008

Motherhood


Why would it be trendy to have babies? Is it just that I am that age and noticing? Not so much. Did you hear about the 17 girls in their teens who made a “pregnancy pact”? No? Oh well they’re 16 years old, or 15, and decided they wanted someone to love them unconditionally. What a load—no, a baby when you’re a baby will almost certainly not make your dreams come true. Who’s non-parenting these kids into thinking they don’t have to find themselves and be responsible before duplicating? I’m almost 27 and not quite there yet myself. Hence, no babies. They are mighty cute though. The outlaw says rednecks like babies and puppies, not kids and dogs.
As interesting as pregnancy is, sometimes I just want to steal a baby from some idiot who has no business rearing a child.
I might blow this up larger, it’s simple but complete somehow.
I did read somewhere that it is trendy for upper-class bitches to be having 4 and 5 kids for some reason, and tabloids seem to exalt on high such Hollywood babies as the infamous Shilo, who’s probably already started smoking, and using the occasional ambian, and I just walk by that shit and think, are we all rednecks? (A parlance of our time loosely based on farmers tans that I think has come to mean idiot, so no offense to farmers) It’s a baby, not a god. It takes babies a long time to get up to speed and they’re all permanent and stuff. They aren’t cute all the time, and whenever I get the urge, I replace the baby image in my mind with a real teenager that I have to manage. Not so cute, extremely ungrateful. Pubescently ugly, raw and insecure. That pretty much turns the urge off.
I want one. Later.

No comments: